Trauma! How are you dealing with the aftermath of the Creston Tornado?
Come to Trinity Lutheran Church and participate in a community event focusing on the effects of Trauma in a community.
Date: Saturday, May 5, 2010 10:00am-12:00pm
Where: Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, Fellowship Hall
800 N. Sumner Ave
Creston, IA 50801
Trauma, such as the tornado that hit Creston, creates emotional, psychological, and spiritual responses in the people they impact. Others have gone through similar events, and learned how to best cope with their aftermath. On Saturday, May 5, (10am-12pm) Trinity Lutheran Church is hosting a community event designed to provide education and information about trauma. Come to hear about:
• The impact of trauma on a community
• Typical reactions of children to trauma, and how to know when extra attention is needed
• Ways to help children talk about and cope effectively with trauma
• Typical responses of adults to trauma, and signs of post-traumatic stress disorder that indicate need additional attention is needed
• What helps – and what doesn’t help - to resolve unsettled feelings after a traumatic event
Come to help yourself or someone you love by learning more about typical reactions to trauma and ways to heal.
Presenter: Wanda Pritzel, LISW is the Acting Executive Director of Lutheran Family Service, a statewide family support organization of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod congregations in Iowa. She brings over 25 years of experience working with families.
This event is presented free of charge, sponsored by Trinity Lutheran Church.
A light salad lunch will be served.
Please RSVP if possible. (641) 782-5095 x 4 - Pastor Watt.